ORDER FROM BSNL
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LTD.
NO.1-33/2008-PAT (BSNL)/Maternity Leave
Dated, the 05-01-2010
Sub: Revision of allowance/benefits for Executive Employees (absorbed/directly recruited /unabsorbed deputationists/deemed deputationists in BSNL).
Consequent on revision of pay of the Executive employees in CDA scales w.e.f. 1.1.2006 and in IDA scales w.e.f. 1.1.2007, the issue of enhancement of maternity leave and special allowance for child care for women employees with disabilities have been under consideration in this office. The approval of the Management Committee of the Board is, hereby, conveyed for following allowances/benefits:
(a) Enhancement of maternity leave from 135 days to 180 days.
(b) Special allowance for child care for women employees with disabilities shall be paid @RS.1000 per month per child maximum for two children. This allowance shall be payable
2. For the purpose of 1(a) above the female executive employee in whose case the period of 135 days of maternity leave has not expired on this date shall also be entitled to the maternity leave of 180 days. However, the terms and conditions will continue to be applicable as per Department of Personnel and Training OM NO 13018/2/98 Esstt(L) dated 16-7-1999(Annexure-l)
3. For the purpose of drawal of special allowance for child care at Para 1(b) above, disability means a person having a minimum Disability of 40% as elaborated in Ministry of Welfare’s Notification NO.16-18/97-NI.I dated 1.6.2001(Annexure II).
4. While making payment of the Allowance to the women employees (Executives), the concerned DDO / paying authority will ensure that payment of all allowances and perks, which are within the limit of50% of the basic pay, should not exceed the maximum ceiling of 50% of the basic pay of the concerned executive in terms of DPE OM dated 26.11.2008. The list of allowances which are outside the purview of 50% of the basic pay is given in Para 10(i) of DPE OM dated 26.11.2008 .
5. These orders shall take effect from the date of issue.
6. Error and Omissions occurred while calculating the arrears therein are subject to rectification and correction. Over payments made, if any, shall be recovered as per rules.
7. Hindi version will follow.
(Sheo Shankar Prasad)