(a) The existing ceiling of 135 days Maternity Leave provided in Rule 43(1) of Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 shall be enhanced to 180 days.
2. These orders shall take effect from 1’t September, 2008.
3. In view of paragraph 2 above, a women employee in whose case the period of 135 days of maternity leave has not expired on the said date shall also be entitled to the maternity leave of 180 days.
4. Formal amendments to the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 are being issued separately.
5. In so -far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Departments are concerned, these orders are issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version will follow.