Travelling allowance rules – Journey on Transfer/Retirement
Government of India / Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Railways / Rail Mantralaya
PC-VI No. 284
New Delhi, dated 14.02.2012.
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways etc.
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub:- Travelling allowance rules – Journey on Transfer/Retirement.
In terms of Boardâs letter No.E(W)2004 PS 5-9/1 dated 01.08.2011, personal effects up to the specified weight limits and/or conveyance up to the prescribed scale/rates as prescribed under Boardâs letter No. E(W)2004 PS 5-9/1 dated 17.06.2009 were permitted to be transported by road on reimbursement basis in lieu of Kit Pass to the place of posting on transfer/place of settlement after retirement. The reimbursement on account of transportation of personal effects/conveyance was to be regulated as prescribed in Boardâs letter of even number dated 1.9.2011.
2. In terms of para II of the said letter, if transportation of personal effects is made by road between places connected by rail, reimbursement of actual expenditure by road limited to presumptive railway freight would be admissible.
3. However, doubts have been raised by one of the railways regarding methodology to be followed in calculating presumptive railway freight. The matter has been examined in Boardâs office and it has been decided that rates per km for transport by road as prescribed in Boardâs letter No. F(E)I/2008/AL-28/15 dated 29.12.2010 would be applicable to transportation of personal effects made by road between places connected by rail also. Therefore, there would no longer be any distinction in rates of transportation of personal effects by road between places connected by rail or not connected by rail.
4. Accordingly, in partial modification of Boardâs letter of even number dated 1.9.2011, para II of the said letter may be modified to read as under:
"II. Transportation of Personal effects on Transfer/settlement after retirement:
|(i) If the transportation of personal effects is made by rail||Rates prescribed in terms of Boardâs letter number F(E)I/2008/AL28/15 dated 29.12.2010 and revised vide Boardâs letter No.F(E)I/2011/AL-28/18 dated 13.06.2011 would be applicable for transportation of personal effects by Road from the place of residence to the Railway Station at the old headquarters and from Railway Station to the place of residence at the new headquarters.|
|(ii) If the transportation of personal effects is made by road||Reimbursement of actual expenditure by road limited to rates prescribed in terms of Boardâs letter number F(E I/2008/AL28/15 dated 29.12.2010 and revised vide Boardâs letter No.F(E)I/2011/AL-28/18 dated 13.06.2011.|
5. All other provisions given in Boardâs letter dated. 1.9.2011 shall continue to be applicable.
6. These orders shall take effect from 3rd June, 2011 i.e. date of effect of Boardâs letter No. E(W)/2004/PS 5-9/1 dated 1.8.2011.
7. Hindi version will follow.
8. Please acknowledge receipt.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt)
- Travelling Allowances for Medical Treatment – Reimbursement for air travel in emergency cases
No.22(02)/11/US(WE)/D(res) Government of India Ministry of Defence Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare New Delhi, the 10th May, 2013 To, The Chief of Army Staff The Chief of Naval Staff The Chief of Air Staff Subject : Travelling Allowances for Medical Treatment. Sir, With reference to Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.24(8)/03/US(WE)/D(Res) Dated 19th December, [...]
May 14, 2013 Tags: Ex-Servicemen. ECHS, MoD Orders, Travelling Allowance, Travelling Allowance for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance Rules, TRavelling Entitlements Posted in: Allowances, Defence No Comments
- Travelling Allowance to Civilian Employees posted in Ladakh region of the State of Jammu & Kashmir–Finmin Orders
Allowances and Special Facilities to Civilian Employees of the Central Government serving in the States of the North Eastern Region (including Sikkim) and in the Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep group of Islands Extension of the benefits related to Travelling Allowance to Civilian Employees posted in Ladakh region of the State of Jammu [...]
- Feedback on the meeting with Hon’ble Minister for Railways – AIRF
AIRF published the feedback on the meeting with Honâble Minister for Railways on its portal, we have reproduced the contents of the post and given below for your informationâŚ All India Railwaymen’s Federation 4, State Entry Road, New Delhi â 110055 No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: March 21, 2013 The General Secretaries, All Affiliated Unions, Dear Coms., Sub: [...]
- No disparity in Service Rules among IAS, IPS and IFS
No disparity in Service Rules among IAS, IPS and IFS While answering to a question about mentioned above, the concerned Minister replied in a written form in the Parliament as follows… There is no disparity among the IAS, IPS and IFS in implementation of service rules. The All India Service Rules on subjects like Leave, [...]
March 14, 2013 Tags: Compensatory Allowance, Dearness Allowance, House Building Advance, House Rent Allowance, IAS, IFS, IPS, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Attendance, Provident Fund, Service Rules, Travelling Allowance Posted in: CCS Rules No Comments
- Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 in the case of employees covered under letter dated 23.03.2012
Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – The re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 in the case of employees covered under letter dated 23.03.2012. GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) S.No. PC-VI/312 No. PC-VI/2012/RSRP/1 RBE No.06/2013 New Delhi, dated [...]
- Regularisation of TA / DA / LTC Claims on account of journey performed by booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized travel agents–CGDA Orders
Controller General of Defence Accounts Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010 IMPORTANT CIRCULAR No. AN/X1V/14162/TA/DA/LTC/Deviation/Vol-II Dated: 8/01/2013 To All PCs DA/Cs DA/PCsof Fys/Cs FA/IFAs (Through CGDA Mail server) Subject : Regularisation of TA / DA / LTC Claims on account of journey performed by booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized travel [...]
- Rightsizing – Policy on Creation of Posts
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No.E(MPP)2012/1/10 RBE No.149/2012 New Delhi, dated 28.12.2012 The General Manager (P) All Indian Railways & Production Units CORE/Allahabad CAO/COFMOW Metro Railway/Kolkata Sub: Rightsizing – Policy on Creation of Posts AIRF and NFIR during the PREM meeting have expressed apprehensions on creation [...]
- Clarification on MACP to Railway Employees–Railway Board orders
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS Railway Board S.No.PC-VI/307 No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2 RBE No.142/2012 New Delhi, dated 13/12/2012 The General Manager/OSDs/CAO(R) All Indian Railways & PUs (As per mailing list) Sub:-Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme-Clarification reg. References have been received from Zonal Railways seeking clarification as to what Grade Pay would be admissible under MACP [...]
- Induction of Trackmen into other departments – Revision of age limit regarding
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No.E(NG)I-99/CFP/23(Vol.II) New Delhi, dated 02.08.2012 The General Managers (P) All Indian Railways and Production Units (As per mailing list) Sub: Induction of Trackmen into other departments – Revision of age limit regarding. In terms of the extant provisions contained in para [...]
- Definition of term Stiff / Severe Minor Penalty – Railway Board Orders
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No. 2010/VI/DAR/1/1 New Delhi, dated 7.12.2012 The General Managers, All Zonal Railways, PUs, CORE & METRO, NF (Construction) The Directors IRIEEN, IRIMEE, IRICEN, IRISET, IRITM The DGs/RDSO & RSC The CAO/DLMW, COFMOW The Managing Directors/ All PSUs Sub: Definition of term [...]