Feedback of Joint Committee meeting on MACP anomalies – NFIR
Feedback of Joint Committee meeting on MACP anomalies held on 27.7.2012 – NFIR
NFIR Latest News : Meeting of the Joint Committee on MACPs Anomalies
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen has uploaded the feedback of the MACP meeting held on today at New Delhi.
As decided in the National Anomaly Committee Meeting held on 17/07/2012, the DOPT held separate meeting with the Leaders of Staff Side at North Block, New Delhi, Room No. 190 on 27/07/2012.
Discussions were held on following issues:-
1. Grant of MACP in the promotional hierarchy:-
The staff side insisted that option be given to individual employees in this regard to facilitate him/her to opt for availing benefit of financial upgradation.
After discussion it was agreed to examine in depth for finding solution.
2. Date of effect of MACP Scheme:
The desirability of giving effect to the MACP Scheme w.e. f. 01.01.2006 will be examined.
3. Counting of total temporary status Casual Labour Service reckoning 10/20/30 years under MACP Scheme:
Official Side stated that this will be processed separately.
4. Treatment of employees selected under LDCE/GDCE Scheme:
In the light of the instructions issued when the ACP Scheme was introduced.
The same policy be adopted and accordingly orders will be issued. In other words, those inducted through LDCE/GDCE Scheme, such induction may be counted as appointment and will be reckoned as promotion.
5. Problems faced in the identical Grade Pay:
It was agreed to issue instructions for granting additional increment for fixation of Pay in case of promotion to the same Grade Pay.
Instructions in this regard will be issued to Ministry of Railways etc .
6. Financial Upgradation Under MACPs, in the case of staff who joined another unit/organisation on request:
The Staff Side has pointed out that OM dated 01/11/2010 should be suitably Amended covering the staff who were transferred on request on reversion to the Unit/Organisation so that the total service rendered in the previous Unit/Organisation may be counted for MACPs.
It was agreed to be considered.
7. Extension of benefit of MACPS to an employee appointed in Grade where direct recruitment element is there while ignoring service and promotion rendered prior to his appointment in that post:
Official Side reiterated that suitable clarification No. 5 of OM dated 09/09/2012 was already issued.
8. Stepping up of Pay of Senior incumbents at par with Junior incumbents as a consequence of ACP/MACPs
Staff Side has explained the case of gross injustice done, more particularly in the Accounts Department of Indiaâ Railways wherein the incumbents who cleared the Appendix examination are drawing less pay than those who could not qualify the said examination and got the benefit of MACPs.
The staff side insisted that this situation is leading to de-motivation among qualified staff and urged for rectifying the anomalies. It was agreed to consider and Ministry of Railways advised to send the proposal
9. Employees who got one promotion prior to 01/09/2008 and completed over two decades of service without benefit of promotion and are denied third ACP under MACPs:
After discussion, official side agreed that is a peculiar situation and assured to take action to rectify the situation. The staff side has insisted that in such cases third ACP should be straight away given to staff from the date subsequent to the date of completion of two decades of service after promotion. Official side appreciated the logic and reasonableness and agreed to considered.
Official Side apPftâCialcd the logic and reawnablencss and agreed to consider.
10. Modification of recruitment rules particularly in Railways and upgradation granted by abolition of Pay Scale-Implementation of MACPs
The Staff Side explained that in the Railways the lower Pay Scales were abolished and posts were upgraded to the higher Pay Scales with revision of recruitment qualification and designation. In such cases the staff side insisted that entry Grade Pay as a result of upgradation subsequent to abolition of lower Pay Scales should be taken into consideration for reckoning 10/20/30 years of service for granting MACP.
Official side has agreed to obtain detials from Ministry of Railways for issuing appropriate clarification. In the meanwhile, Railway Board will have discussion with the Staff Side separately so that appropritate proposal could be sent to the DoP&T.
11. Placement of staff as a result of upgradation of posts :
The Staff side (NFIR) insisted that such placements should not be considered as promotion for the purpose of grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Official side stated that this will be examined.
12. In the course of discussion the Official Side also stated that MACP Scheme should be a fall-back option and the Ministries should conduct Cadre Restructuring for ensuring that the staff could be promoted within the reasonable time i.e. within 10 years. When the Staff Side pointed out that the Ministry of Railways is citing the instructions of Ministry of Finance issued some years back that only one third of the Cadre could be disturbed, for revising the percentages, the Official Side clarified that necessary clarificatory instructions will be issued to the Ministry of Railways etc., so that the Cadre Restructuring can be done without problems.
- General Budget 2013 : NFIR Proposals for General Budget – 2013
General Budget 2013 : NFIR Proposals for General Budget – 2013 NFIR writes to Finance Minister some proposals to consider for inclusion in the General Budget 2013. The proposals are as follows… General Budget-2013 â Consideration of NFIRâs proposals. The NFIR requests the llonâble Finance Minister to kindly consider following proposals for inclusion in the [...]
- Rightsizing – Policy on Creation of Posts
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No.E(MPP)2012/1/10 RBE No.149/2012 New Delhi, dated 28.12.2012 The General Manager (P) All Indian Railways & Production Units CORE/Allahabad CAO/COFMOW Metro Railway/Kolkata Sub: Rightsizing – Policy on Creation of Posts AIRF and NFIR during the PREM meeting have expressed apprehensions on creation [...]
- Grant of Child Care Leave without any reason – NFIR
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No. E(P&A)I-2012/CPC/LE-5 New Delhi, dated 17.12.2012 The General Secretary, NFIR, 3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 110055. All Indian Railways & Production Units (As per mailing list) Dear Sir, Sub: Grant of Child Care Leave without any reason. The undersigned is [...]
- Induction of Trackmen into other departments – Revision of age limit regarding
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA (RAILWAY BOARD) No.E(NG)I-99/CFP/23(Vol.II) New Delhi, dated 02.08.2012 The General Managers (P) All Indian Railways and Production Units (As per mailing list) Sub: Induction of Trackmen into other departments – Revision of age limit regarding. In terms of the extant provisions contained in para [...]
- Exemption of Transport Allowance from the purview of Income Tax- Enhancement of exemption limit from Rs. 800/- to Rs. 3200/- plus D.A. thereon : NFIR
Exemption of Transport Allowance from the purview of Income Tax- Enhancement of exemption limit from Rs. 800/- to Rs. 3200/- plus D.A. thereon : Railway Board orders NFIR published an important order regarding the enhancement of Income Tax exemption limit for Transport Allowance to Railway employees… DC/JCM Item No 24/2012 – Exemption of Transport Allowance [...]
December 13, 2012 Tags: Exemption on I.Tax, Exemption on TA, I Tax, Income Tax Exemption, Income Tax on TA, NFIR, NFIR Latest News, Transport Allowance Posted in: Allowances, I Tax, Railways, TA No Comments
- Anomalies in the MACP Scheme : Stepping up of pay of Sr. Supervisors of Accounts and other departments – AIRF
Anomalies in the MACP Scheme : Stepping up of pay of Sr. Supervisors of Accounts and other departments – AIRF AIRF General Secretary Shiva Gopal Secretary writes a letter to Railway Board regarding the issue of stepping up of pay of senior employees/supervisors at par with junior employees/supervisor staff who are getting higher grade pay [...]
- MACP Scheme — treatment of employees appointed through LDCE/GDCE against Promotee Quota vacancies at par with those selected against DR/LDCE quota vacancies —reg.
NFIR National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (Affiliated to Indian National Trade Union Congress) No.IV/MACPS/09/Pt.6 Dated 19.11.2012 The Secretary (E), Railway Board, NEW DELHI Dear Sir, Sub: MACP Scheme â treatment of employees appointed through LDCE/GDCE against Promotee Quota vacancies at par with those selected against DR/LDCE quota vacancies âreg. Ref: Railway Bordâs letter No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated [...]
- Exemption of Transport Allowance on Income Tax : Enhancement of exemption limit from Rs.800 to Rs.3200
Exemption of Transport Allowance on Income Tax : Enhancement of exemption limit from Rs.800 to Rs.3200 NFIR demanding to enhance the limit of exemption in Transport allowance on Income Tax from the existing level of Rs.800 to Rs.3200 plus Dearness allowance thereon. Already in Departmental Council JCM meeting the Staff Side had agreed to make [...]
- Grant of parity in pay structure of Rajbhasha Shayaks
Grant of parity in pay structure of Rajbhasha Shayaks AIRF and NFIR both are uploaded the message that Ministry of Finance has approved for grant of parity in Pay structure of Rajbhasha Sahayaks on Indian Railways. Rajbhasha Sahayaks in erstwhile Pay Scale of Rs.4500-7000 (Grade Pay Rs.2800) on fulfillment of 6 years of service will [...]
- Protests against non-implementation of merger of Tech.-I and Tech-II, Provision of GP Rs. 4800 instead of Rs. 4600 in Railways – AIRF ‘Press Release’
AIRF ‘Press Release’ – Protests against non-implementation of merger of Tech.-I and Tech-II, Provision of GP Rs. 4800 instead of Rs. 4600 in RailwaysâŚ ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION No.AIRF/24(C) Dated : June 28, 2012 PRESS RELEASE NEW DELHI – 18th July: As per decision taken by the All India Railwaymen’s Federation(AIRF), the entire Technical Staff [...]