Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 15th April 2020 – Download from www.mha.gov.in official website
Revised Consolidated Guidelines during the lockdown period due to COVID-19 – Click here
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated 15th April 2020
Whereas, in exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 10(2)(1)of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, National Executive Committee, has issued an Order dated 14th April 2020 that the lockdown measures stipulated in the Consolidated Guidelines of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for containment of COVID-19 epidemic in the country, will continue to remain in force up to 3rd May 2020 to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country;
Whereas, to mitigate hardship to the public, select additional activities will be allowed, which will come into effect from zo” April 2020. However, these additional activities will be operationalized by States / Union Territories (UTs)/ District Administrations based on strict compliance to the existing guidelines on lockdown measures. Before operating these relaxations, States / UTs/ District Administrations shall ensure that all preparatory arrangements with regard to social distancing in offices, workplaces, factories and establishments, as also other sectoral requirements are in place. The consolidated revised guidelines incorporating these relaxations are enclosed;
Whereas, the consolidated revised guidelines will not apply in containment zones, as demarcated by States / UTs/ District administrations. If any new area is included in the category of a containment zone, the activities allowed in that area till the time of its categorization as a containment zone, will be suspended except for those activities as are specifically permitted under the guidelines of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India;
Whereas, in exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 10(2)(1)of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, National Executive Committee, hereby issues directions to all the all Ministries/ Departments of Government of India, State/Union Territory Governments and State/Union Territory Authorities for the strict implementation of enclosed consolidated revised guidelines.
Union Home Secretary
Revised Consolidated Guidelines of Ministry of Home Affairs – PDF Download
As per the revised guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs on 15 April 2020:
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for purposes enumerated in para 4 (ix), and for security purposes.
All passenger movement by trains, except for security purposes.
- Buses for public transport.
- Metro rail services.
- Inter-district and inter-State movement of individuals except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under these guidelines.
- All educational, training, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed.
- All industrial and commercial activities other than those specifically permitted under these guidelines.
- Hospitality services other than those specifically permitted under these guidelines.
- Taxis (including auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators.
- All cinema halls, malls. shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks. theaters, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
- All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious
functions/ other gatherings.
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed for public.
- Religious congregations are strictly prohibited
- In case of funerals, congregation of more than twenty persons will not be permitted.