Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS)
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 003
Subject : Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS) to the Assistant’s Grade of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on ad-hoc basis.
The undersigned is directed to say that while approving the Cadre Restructuring of CSS, Cabinet had inter-alia decided upgrading of 1467 posts of UDCs to Assistant Grade of CSS. These posts are to be filled up on as is where is basis and hence there would be no change in the overall strength of Assistant/UDC in each cadre unit. Additional posts to the extent necessary to accommodate ad-hoc appointees, as per above scheme of things, would be deemed to have been upgraded in each Cadre. Since the regular promotion for the Select List year 2007, 2008 & 2009 have still not been finalized, it has been decided to make ad-hoc promotions from the Grade of UDC of CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS of the following category :
i) All eligible UDCs upto Select List Year 2001, in case of General and SC categories;
2. All the Cadre Units are requested to consider the cases of above category of UDCs for ad-hoc promotion to Assistant Grade and to issue promotion orders subject to their fitness and clearance from vigilance angle. These ad-hoc promotion would be initially for a period upto 31/12/2010 or until further orders or till regular. Assistants become available through the normal mode of recruitment as prescribed under the CSS Rules, whichever is earlier.
3. The above category of officials may be promoted/appointed as Assistants on ad-hoc basis, after assessing their suitability for promotion by screening the records (ACRs) of the officials by the appointing authorities and also after ensuring that no vigilance case is either pending or being contemplated against the officials. The ad-hoc promotion/appointment is subject to following conditions: –
i) the ad-hoc appointment shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List or to claim seniority in the Assistants Grade of CSS:
ii) ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason therefor;
iii) the appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of taking over charge of the post of Assistant of CSS:
iv) the ad-hoc appointment in Assistant Grade would he continued only if they attend and qualify the mandatory training as and when nominated by CS.I (Training) Section of this Department failing which their ad-hoc appointment would be terminated.
4. If any of the officials, who are covered, are on deputation, he/she may he given the option to revert within one month to avail of the ad-hoc promotion.
5. All the Cadre Units are requested to take necessary action and the whole process may be completed on top priority basis within a period of one month latest by 6th September 2010. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department. A report indicating the name and details of the UDCs who have been appointed/promoted to the post of Assistant on ad-hoc basis as well as those who have not been found fit, with reasons therefor. may be sent to this Department by 15th September 2010 in the prescribed proforma enclosed.
6. It is likely that less than 1467 UDCs would be available upto the select list of 2001. Further zone will be issued as soon as information about promotions is received as per para 5 above. Revised cadre strength of Assistant and UDC will be notified ensuring that combined strength of Assistants and UDCs remains unchanged in any cadre unit, after the exercise is complete.
Continue to read…
Is DoPT’s OM No. 20\49\2009-CS.II (B) dt 22-06-2011 regarding creation of a new grade of UDC (NFSG) and stenographer gr. D (NFSG) in CSCS and CSSS respectively applicable to India Meteorological Department which is under Ministry of Earth Science?
KIRAN KUMAR B says
WE ARE WAITING SINCE LONG BACK ABOUT UPGRADATAION OF UDC GRADE PAY FROM 2400 TO 2800 OR 4200. IT IS TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED MADE IN VI CPC LEAVING THE RANKS OF LDC AND UDC. CONSTABLES WHO ARE APPOINTING ON THE BASIS OF WRITTEN TEST ARE GETTING G.P. RS.2000 WHEREAS LDC WHO ARE APPEARING WRITTEN EXAM AND ALSO TO BE QUALIFIED SKILL TEST GETTING ONLY G.P. 1900/-. IN OTHER RANKS THOSE WHO ARE APPOINTING WITH WRITTEN AND SKILL TEST ARE GETTING G.P. OF RS. 2400. IT IS MAJOR ANOMOLY IN THE GRANTING OF GRADE PAY TO LDC AND UDC IN VI CPC. HENCE THE MATTER MAY PLEASE BE LOOKED INTO SERIOUSLY AND UPGRADE THE GRADE OF PAY OF LDC OF RS.2400 AND UDC OF RS.2800 OR 4200.
SIDDHARTHA KANSABANIK says
IS GRADE PAY 1900, 2400 & 2800 WILL BE UPGRADED TO NEXT HIGHER GRADE PAY. IF YES, THEN WHEN IT WILL BE UPGRADED.
Hasibur Rahman says
After cadre restructure and upgraded the post of 1467 UDC to the Assistant is appreciable but implementation of Recruitment Rule for the vaccant post of Assistant of CSS as 75% DR and 25% by promotion like a death of the remaining UDC. It will creat deep stagnation among the UDC grade and frustrated them . The Officer of DoP&T should look forward for the future of the remaining UDC. The Officer shuld amend the RR of Assistant according to 40:40:20 as per recommendation of 2nd Administrative Reform Commission headed by Dr. Moily (Hon’ble Law Minister).
Vinod Kumar says
Dear Sir Upgred to LDC Gread pay 2400/ per month