Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 17th March, 2008.
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2008.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No.1 (8)/2007-E-II(B)/212 dated 11th September, 2007 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the president is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 41% to 47% with effect from 1st January, 2008.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No.1(13)/97-E-II (B) dated 3.10.1997 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders. However, with effect from 01.04.2004, Dearness Allowance is computed on the basis of Basic Pay, Dearness Pay, Stagnation Increment and NPA. provisions contained in para 3 of this Ministry’s OM No.1 (13)/97-E.II(B) dated 3.10.1997, therefore, stand amended to this extent.
3. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January and February, 2008 shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of March, 2008.
5. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the DefenceServices Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
6. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
(R. Prem Anand)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
I have joined in NVS as TGT Social Science on 11-12-1987 on deputation from State Government of Andhra Pradesh (Zilla Parishad) and was absorbed on 1-5-1989. I was promoted as PGT History on 29-4-1997. My junior who joined as PGT History in NOV,1997 on direct recruitment got senior scale with effect from Nov, 2009 after the completion of 12 years. Myself including all promotees didn’t get senior scale. Can you clarify when shall I get senior scale.
Kindly do the needfull