Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhavan, New Dlehi
Dated : the 16th April, 2009
Subject: : Recommendation of 6th Central Pay Commission- Enhancement of rates of Post Graduate Allowance admissible to officers upto the level of Chief Medical Officer(NFSG) of General Duty Medical Officer sub-cadre of Central Health Service for possession of recognized P.G degree/diploma qualification.
The undersigned is directed to say that the issue regarding revision of rates of Post-graduate Allowance admissible to officers upto the level of Chief Medical Officer(NFSG) of General Duty Medical Officer sub-cadre of Central Health Service Officers for possession of recognized P.G degree/Diploma qualification has been under consideration of the Government of India.
2. Consequent upon the acceptance of 6th Central Pay Commission’s Report, the President is pleased to decide that hereafter Post Graduate Allowance will be paid at the rate of Rs.1000 /- p.m. (Rupees one Thousand per month) and Rs.600/- p.m. (Rupees Six Hundred per month) for possessing P.G.degree(s) and P.G. Diploma(s) recognized under Indian Medical Council Act, 1956, respectively, to officers upto the level of Chief Medical Officer(NFSG) of General Duty Medical Officer sub-cadre of Central Health Service.
3. The rates of these allowances will be increased by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scale goes up by 50%.
4. Post-graduate allowance to CHS officers will be sanctioned by Heads of participating units of CHS in terms of O.M. No. A.29015/7/2004-CHS.V dated 5th October, 2006.
5. This order will be effective from 1.9.2008.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, (Departmet of Expenditure) vide their I.D. No. 83/E.IV/2009 dated: 24-03-2009.
UNDER SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA
ravindra rotale says
what is the procedure to get this allowance please sent procedure to get this allowance on my e mail id
Debasish Chakraborty says
The above circular for grant of PG allowance is for Centreal Health service only or it is equally applicable to the employees of other Ministries / subordinate offices ?