Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board
Room No.361, B-Wing, 3rd floor,
The Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board is the Central agency for promotion of Cultural and Sports activities amongst the Central Government employees. Besides holding All India Civil Services Tournaments and sending teams in other prestigious Tournament in the country. The Board also organizes the Inter-Ministry Tournaments in the following cultural and sports disciplines every year:
2. The Board after every two-years, invites names of dedicated volunteers amongst the Central Government employees to act as Convenor of Various sports/games organized by Cultural and Sports Board. The term of the Convenors appointed in 2009 have since lapsed The Board proposes to appoint new Convenors for the year 2011-13 and accordingly nominations are invited in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I), for all the above sports and cultural activities. Separate application should be filled for each discipline.
3. The duties and responsibilities of the Convenor are given in Annexure-Il. The Board is looking for experienced and dedicated Convenors. Welfare Officer of the Ministries and Departments are, therefore, requested to recommend names of deserving candidates only for taking up the task of Convenor, after going through the qualification and experience required by the candidates in cultural and sports activities to assess their suitability to act as Convenor of the game. Proficiency in the sport applied for is the basic criteria for nomination as Convenor in the Board. The prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) should be counter-signed by the Welfare Officer of the Ministry/Departments.
4. The Board may, if required, invite the candidates for inter-face to assess their suitability for the task to be assigned.
5. The applications from the suitable and deserving volunteers to act as Convenors of the Cultural and Sports Committees may please be sent to the Board on or before 10.05.2011.
6. All the Welfare Officers are requested to give wide publicity to the circular amongst their employees in the Ministries/Departments and attached/subordinate offices to enable the Board to select deserving candidates as Convenors.
(V K Tewari)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONVENOR
1. The Convenor will be a representative of the Board and will carry out his duties as directed by the Board from time to time.
2. The services of the Convenor a absolutely voluntary and should not be considered in terms of monetary returns.
3. The Convenor shall be responsible for carrying out various activities with respect to the game/event with which he is concerned. This includes helping the Board in getting the officials/referees/experts, etc. informing various teams/players and other concerned offices about the activities of the Board etc.
4. The Convenor shall also be responsible for ensuring regular practice/training of the teams/players, in particular before the All India Civil Services Tournaments, etc.
5. Any other tasks for the promotion of cultural/sports activities assigned by the Board shall be carried out by the Covenor.
6. The Convenor shall settle the accounts, within 15 days of the Tournaments. All advances, if any, should be cleared within 30 days under all circumstances.
7. At the close of the financial year, the Convenor will have to submit an annual report in regard to performance of Central Secretariat Team in various tournaments. He will also submit separate report at the conclusion of Inter-Ministry and AICS Tournaments regarding conduct of these tournament and further suggestions in improving the same
8. The Convenor will be liable for action in case of omission or commission of any act pre¬judice to the interest of the Board . In case the performance of the Convenor is not found satisfactory, the Board may dispense with his services at any time without assigning any reason. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding.
9. The Convenor shall be granted special casual leave and will be paid conveyance allowance as decided by the Board for carrying out the above responsibilities/duties.
10. It is desirable that the Convenor should be matriculate. He should be able to handle correspondence with the Board, the federations and other sports bodies independently, if necessary.
11. Possession of own transport is also desirable.