LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION
Subject: Encashment of earned leave along with Leave Travel Concession while in service – 3rd June 2009
The Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T), in consultation with the Ministry of Finance after examining references received from various Ministries/Departments citing practical problems faced by them as the facility of LTC is also admissible while availing causal leave, have issued instructions permitting Government Servants encashment of earned leave upto 10 days at the time of availing LTC without any linkage to the number of days and the nature of leave availed while proceeding on LTC.
3. These orders shall be effective from the date of issue of this letter.
4. Formal amendment to the Railway Services (Liberalised Leave) Rules, 1949, of the Indian Raiway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Second Re-print Edition 2003) will be issued separately.
5. Please acknowedge receipt.
Subject:Regulation of Journey by air while availing Leave Travel Concession – clarification regarding – 27th July, 2009
The undersigned is directed to refer to Ministry of Finance,Department of Expenditure O.M.No. 19024/1/2009-E.IV dated 13/7/2009 modifying the O.M. No.7(2)/E.Coord/2005 dated 23rd November, 2005 and superseding of O.M.No. 19024/1/E.IV/2005 dated 24/3/2006. It has been decided by the Department of Expenditure that in all cases of air travel both domestic and international where the Government of India bears the cost of air passage, the officials concerned may travel only by air India. The matter whether these orders will apply in cases of LTC has been considered in consultation with Ministry of Finance, Department of expenditure and it is confirmed that these orders/conditions will apply in cases of LTC also.
2. This issues in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their ID No. 39/DS(EG)/2009 dated 20/7/2009.
Subject:- Regulation of Journey by air while availing Leave Travel Concession – clarification regarding – 9th September, 2009
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even No. dated 27.7.2009 on the above subject and to say that consequent to issue of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M.No. 7(1) E.Coord/2009 dated 7/9/2009 on expenditure management the reimbursement of the expenses on air travel while availing of the Leave Travel Concession by Government servants will be restricted to the cost of travel by the economy class, irrespective of entitlement, with
Subject:- Use of own car / hired taxi on LTC journey on account of physical handicap – 28th October, 2009
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 3101114/2008-Estt(A)dated 23.9.2008 in which it was stipulated that LTC facility shall be admissible only in respect of journeys performed in vehicles operated by the Government or any corporation in the public sector run by the Central or State Government or a local body.
2. Instances have come to notice where Government servants on account of physical handicap/disability of self or dependant family members are unable to perform the LTC journey by the authorized modes of transport and are compelled to undertake the journey by own car or private taxi. Representations are being received to allow reimbursement in such cases. Matter has been examined in consultation with the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure and it has been decided in relaxation of LTC Rules to authorize the Head of Department to allow use of own/hired taxi for LTC journey on account of disability of the Government servant or dependent family member after obtaining following papers/conditions to avoid misuse of such relaxation:-
(i) Medical Certificate from competent authority.
(ii) Undertaking from Government servant that journey in authorized mode is not feasible and he actually travelled by own car/hired taxi.
(iii) such claim should not be more than journey performed by the entitled class by rail/air by the shortest route.
Subject:- Encashment of earned leave alongwith LTC -Clarification – 24th November, 2009
The undersigned is directed to refer to DOP&T 0.M.No.310111412008-Estt.(A), dated 23rd September, 2008 allowing encashment of earned leave alongwith LTC and to say that various references are being received from MinistriesIDepartments with regard to the applicability of Rule 38-A of the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 to the Central Govt. employees. In this regard it is clarified that
(1) Central Govt. employees governed by CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 who are entitled to LTC but opt for the facility of LTC provided to their spouses employed in PSUslCorporationlAutonomous Bodies etc. and
(2) Central Govt. employees governed by CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 who are otherwise not entitled to LTC, on account of their spouse being employed in Indian Railways/National Airlines who are entitled to privilege passeslconcessional tickets are entitled to leave encashment while availing the LTC facility of their spouselprivilege passes/concessional tickets of their spouse on fulfillment of all the conditions as stipulated in Rule 38-A of the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 twice in a four years block of LTC.
Subject:- LTC to Central Government Employees -Travel by tour packages operated by IRCTC – 2nd December, 2009
Subject- Sixth Central Pay Commission – Recommendations relating to LTC – Acceptance
Consequent upon the acceptance of the recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission, it has been decided to make necessary additions/changes in the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988 as indicated below:-