ORDER FROM MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES & PENSIONS
New Delhi, the 29th December, 2005.
Subject:- Reservation for the Persons with Disabilities.
2. QUANTUM OF RESERVATION
(i) Three percent of the vacancies in case of direct recruitment to
(i) blindness or low vision,
(ii) hearing impairment and (Hi) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy in the posts identified for each disability;
(ii) Three percent of the vacancies incase of promotion to Group D,
3. EXEMPTION FROM RESERVATION
4. IDENTIFICATION OF JOBS / POSTS: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment have identified the jobs / posts suitable to be held by persons with disabilities and the physical requirement for all such jobs / posts vide their notification no. 16-25/99.NI.I dated 31.5.2001. The jobs / posts given in Annexure II of the said notification as amended from time to time shall be used to give effect to 3 per cent reservation to the persons with disabilities. It may, however, be noted that:
(a) The nomenclature used for any job! post shall mean and include
(b) The list of jobs / posts notified by the Ministry of Social Justice
(c) If a job/ post identified for persons with disabilities is shifted from one group or grade to another group or grade due to change in the pay-scale or otherwise, the job/ post shall remain identified.
5. RESERVATION IN POSTS IDENTIFIED FOR ONE OR TWO
6. APPOINTMENT AGAINST UNRESERVED VACANCIES: In the posts which are identified suitable for persons with disabilities, a person with disability cannot be den’ied the right to compete for appointment against an unreserved vacancy. Thus a person with disability can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy, provided the post is identified suitable for persons with disability of the relevant category.
7. ADJUSTMENT OF CANDIDATES SELECTED ON THEIR OWNMERIT: Persons with disabilities selected on their own merit without relaxedstandards alongwith other candidates, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible candidates with disabilities which will thus comprise physically handicapped candidates who are lower in merit than the last candidate in merit list but otherwise found suitable for appointment, if
8. DEFINITIONS OF DISABILITIES:Definitions of categories of disabilities for the purpose of this Office Memorandum are given below:
(b) Low vision: “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
(ii) Hearing Impairment:- “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty
(b) Cerebral Palsy :-. “Cerebral Palsy” means a group of non progressive conditions of a person characterised by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre- natal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
(c) All the cases of orthopaedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of “locomotor disability or cerebral palsy.”
9. DEGREE OF DISABILITY FOR RESERVATION:
10. COMPETENT AUTHORITY TO ISSUE DISABILITY
11. The Medical Board shall, after due examination, give a permanent
12. At the time of initial appointment and promotion against a vacancy
13. COMPUTATION OF RESERVATION:Reservation for persons with disabilities in case of Group C and Group D posts shall be computed on the basis of total number of vacancies occurring in all Group C or Group D posts, as the case may be, in the establishment, although the recruitment of the persons with disabilities would only be in the posts identified suitable for them.
14. Reservation for persons with disabilities in Group ‘A’ posts shall be
15. EFFECTING RESERVATION – MAINTENANCE OF ROSTERS:
(b) Each register shall have cycles of 100 points and each cycle of 100
( c) Points 1, 34 and 67 of the roster shall be earmarked reserved for persons
(d) All the vacancies in Group C posts falling in direct recruitment quota
(e) There is a possibility that none of the vacancies from 1 to 33 is suitable
(f) After all the 100 points of the roster are covered, a fresh cycle of 100 points
(g) If the number of vacancies in a year is such as to cover only one block or
(h) A separate roster shall be maintained for group C posts filled by
(i) Reservation in group A and group B posts is determined on the basis of
16. INTER SE EXCHANGE AND CARRY FORWARD OF
(a) Reservation for each of the three categories of persons with disabilities
(b) If any vacancy reserved for any category of disability cannot be filled
(c) In the subsequent recruitment year the ‘backlog reserved vacancy’ shall
17. In order to ensure that cases of lapse of reservation are kept to the
18. CONSIDERATION ZONE, INTERSE EXCHANGE AND CARRY
(b) In posts filled by promotion by non-selection, the eligible candidates
19. lIORIZONTALITY OF RESERVATION FOR PERSONS WITH
20. Since the persons with disabilities have to be placed in the appropriate
21. RELAXATION IN AGE LIMIT:
(i) Upper age limit for persons with disabilities shall be relaxable (a) by
(ii) Relaxation in age limit shall be applicable irrespective of the fact
22. RELAXATION OF STANDARD OF SUITABILITY: If sufficient
23. MEDICAL EXAMINATION:
24. EXEMPTION FROM PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE AND
25. NOTICE OF VACANCIES:
(i) Number of vacancies reserved for SCs/STs/OBCs/Ex-Servicemen/
(ii) In case of vacancies in posts identified suitable to be held by persons
(iii) In case of vacancies in posts identified suitable for persons with
(iv) not, the categories of disabilities viz blindness or low vision, hearing
(v) It shall also be indicated that persons suffering from not less than
26. CERTIFICATE BY REQUISITIONING AUTHORITY:
27. ANNUAL REPORTS REGARDING REPRESENTATION OF
(i) Soon after the first of January of every year, each appointing authority
(ii) The administrative MinistrylDepartment shall scrutinize the information
(iii) The following points may be kept in view while sending the reports to
28. LIAISON OFFICER FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES:
(i) All Ministries/Departments of the Govt. ofIndia.