Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 29th August, 2008.
Subject: Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance – Recommendation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of Rates.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the decision by the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission and in partial of
O.M.No.3(1)/2008-E.II(B) dated 20.7.1998. The President is pleased to decide that the Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance to the Central Government employees serving in
the specified areas in different States and Union Territories listed as Parts A, B, C, D int eh Annexure to the O.M. shall be admissible at the following rates :-
|Category||Part A(Rs.P.m.)||Part B(Rs.p.m.)||Part C(Rs.p.m.)||Part D(Rs.p.m.)|
|For posts in the grade
Pay of Rs.5400 and above and pay scale of HAG + and above
| For Posts in the grade
Pay of less than Rs.5400
2. In case of those employees who opt to retain the pre-revised scale of pay, corresponding Grade Pay of the pay scale / corresponding pay scale of the post occupied on 1.1.2006, as
indicated in CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 208 would determine the allowance under these orders.
3. All other terms and conditions governing grant of Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance including the classification of different areas for the specific purpose of this allowance shall continue to be applicable.
4. These orders shall be effective from 1st September,2008.
5. In case any other Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance are also admissible at a particular place the Central Government employees working there will have the option to choose the allowance which benefits them the most.
6. The rate of this allowance shall automatically increased by 25%, whenever the Dearness Allowance Payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
7. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant Head of the Defence Services
Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
8. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
9. Hindi version is attached.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India