Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 29th August, 2008.
Subject:Construction Projects-Grant of Project Allowance- Revision of rates.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission, the President is pleased to decide that in modification of O.M. No.20011/5/73-E.II(B) date the 17.1.1975, as amended from time to time, and O.M. No.6(6)/97-E.II(B) dated 1.4.1998 on the subject mentioned above, the rates of Project Allowance shall be as follows:-
|Grade Pay||Rate per month (Rs.)|
| For the posts in the Grade
Pay of Rs.5400 and above and pay scale of HAG + and above
| For Posts in the grade
Pay of less than Rs.5400
2. In case of those employees who opt to retain the pre-revised scale of pay, corresponding Grade Pay of the pay scale / corresponding pay scale of the post occupied on 1.1.2006, as indicated in CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 208 would determine the allowance under these orders.
3. These orders shall be effective from 1st September,2008.
4. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant Head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. The rate of this allowance shall automatically increased by 25%, whenever the Dearness Allowance Payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
6. All other terms and conditions governing grant of this Allowance shall remain unchanged.
7. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
8. Hindi version is attached.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India