Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 29th August, 2008
Subject: Bad Climate Allowance – Recommendation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Revision of the rates.
The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission relate4d to the above mentioned allowance, the President is pleased to decide that in modification of this Ministry’s O.M. No.20012/2/73-E.IV(B) dated 4.1.74. O.M. No.20012/1/86-E.IV dated 23.9.86 and O.M.No.5(1)/97/E.II(B) dt. 1.4.1998 as amended from time to time, the Special Compensatory (Bad Climate) Allowance to the Government employees shall be admissible at the following rates:-
Grade Pay – Rate per month(Rs.)
For posts in the grade pay of Rs.5400 and pay scale of HAG+ and above = 400
For posts in the grade pay of less than Rs.5400 = 240
2. In the cse of those employees who opt to retain the pre-revised scale of pay, corresponding Grade Pay of the pay scale/corresponding pay scale of the post occupied on 1.1.2006, as indicated in CCS(Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 would determine the allowance under these orders. 3 . All other terms and conditions governing the grant of Bad Climate/Unhealthy Locality Allowance shall continue to be applicable.
4. These order shall take effect from September 1, 2008
5. The rates of this allowance shall automatically increase by 25%, whenever the dearness allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%
6. In case there are any other Special Compensatory Allowance(s) admissible at a particular place, the Central Government employees working there will have the option to choose the allowance which benefits them the most.
7. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid form the Defence Service Establishments and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant Head of the Defence Service Establishments. In regard to Armed Force personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways respectively.
8. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
9. Hindi version will follow.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India