Clarification on Child Care Allowance from Dopt
Department of Personnel and Training has once again clarified on Special allowance for child care. The Dopt received various doubts from Ministries / Departments, the doubts are clarified as type of questions and answers to clear easily…
1. Whether the women employees with disabilities shall he entitled for allowance at double the rates for multiple births at the time of first child birth?
No. In case of multiple births at the time of first child birth, the women employee shall not be entitled to this allowance at double the rates for multiple births.
2. Whether the allowance would be admissible for the 3rd child in case first two children i.e. if the first child (or for that matter the 2nd child) expires before the attaining the age of two years?
It is clarified that the grant of special allowance for child care for women with disabilities is admissible for two years from the birth of the child so long as the women employee does not have more than two surviving children.
Flashback of Child Care Allowance :- :-
An important decision taken by the Central Government on the recommendations of the 6th CPC to provide extra benefits to employees with disabilities children. Special allowance for child care for women employees with disabilities and Education allowance for disabled children of government employees.
These benefits provided to the eligible employees with effect from September 2008. Employees become eligible for these benefits based upon the conditions prescribed in the Annexure of Ministry of Welfare’s Notification No.16-18/97-NI.I dated 1/6/2001.
1. Women with disabilities shall be paid Rs.1000 per month as Special Allowance for Child care. The allowance shall be payable from the time of the child’s birth till the child is two years old. It shall be payable for a maximum of two children. Disability means a person having a minimum disability of 40%.
2. Reimbursement of Education allowance for disabled children of Government employees shall be payable at double the normal rates prescribed.
3. The above limit would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.